Today was SUPER fun! Staff versus Grade 7 Volleyball is always one of my favourite days of the year. The students put up a decent fight, but the staff took both sets, quite decisively. More importantly, fun was had, and hopefully the students (both players and spectators) got to see volleyball being played at a higher level than they’re accustomed. As well, we collected 29 food items and almost $40 for the Food Bank! Amazing! I reminded our players afterwards that many of the staff (myself included) have been playing volleyball for longer than they have been alive. Everyone has to start somewhere and the more you play, the better you get!
We finished The Giver! It’s always interesting to hear/see the students’ reactions when the last line is read. We began our final project for the novel, a quick turn around too, it is due tomorrow end of day (lots of time tomorrow).
A couple reminders for the project:
- in picking your excerpts: do they help show the overall idea/theme of the novel?
- your personal response PARAGRAPH (min 5-7 sentences) should include
- your thoughts about the novel (like/dislike, would you recommend, would you change anything, what connections can you make, what can you interpret about the novel and our society)
- education physique demain
- vendredi- diner chaud, bulletins