TOMORROW’S SKI/SB TRIP HAS BEEN POSTPONED TO FEBRUARY 5TH.
Next week’s trip is unaffected at this time. There is no extra cost. If there is school tomorrow, it will be a regular day. Please email me if you have any questions.
If a snow day is called tomorrow or any day in the future, I will post on here for your knowledge.
- education physique demain
- Math- Adding decimals package #2 due demain
- jeudi- Une Tradition de ma famille due
- vendredi- orchestre, first enrichment
I hope you are getting around safely today. I know my commute to school was a bit dicey, and it was incredibly cold for the kids to be outside (they didn’t seem to mind all that much). We’ll see what the next couple of days brings. PLEASE encourage your child to dress appropriately for school. MANY were outside in just a hoodie with no hat or mitts. We went out for the last 20 minutes today, and in my experience, any skin exposed to the air was cold and biting in minutes.
Reminder- this Wednesday is our second Ski/Sb trip. Students MUST have their little white pass with their rental information on it. It should be attached to the jacket they wore last week. Arrival time no later than 8:30, dress in more layers than last week (it’s going to be COLD), and more snacks if they were ravenous by lunch. I will have more information as it becomes available if the weather and conditions are unfavourable.
- Orchestre demain
- SH- Page titre La Mesopotamie due demain
- Math- Adding Decimals package
What a fun day. (Said no teacher ever…). We had a good day, got work done despite the obvious desire to be elsewhere. The weather is forecasted to be even colder next week. Please help your child be prepared for the elements, many came today in just a sweatshirt! Brrrrr!
- math- comparing and ordering decimals package due lundi
- socials- page titre: La Mesopotamie due mardi
Bonne fin de semaine!
As predicted, today was a bit tougher than yesterday. Not behaviour wise, I think everyone was feeling the same way, tired. Excited for tomorrow.
Speaking of tomorrow, it’s Day 1 of our Ski/SB Trip! We had a very comprehensive meeting today with all the necessary details for success tomorrow. It’s a SUPER tight turnaround tomorrow from when we arrive on the mountain to when our lesson starts. Students are asked to be EXTRA thoughtful about being efficient with their time.
Things to note:
- arrive at school DRESSED AND READY, snow pants, layers etc.
- please wear sensible shoes for the mountain. There will be snow. It will be cold.
- EAT EAT EAT. Bring extra snacks. Have a good sensible breakfast and be prepared to not have lunch until 1:00. Division 1 is particularly noteworthy for eating well before snack time. I am worried you will be hungry and stuck up on the mountain.
- cell phones will be collected during attendance. Mr Knox will have our pink bin.
- use common sense, fly under the radar. Be mindful of your behaviour and the consequences it may incur.
- 8:30- students must be IN THE GYM AND READY TO GO. No ins and outs.
- 8:45- bus departs
- 9:45- arrival at Seymour
- 10:00- lessons start (TIGHT TURNAROUND)
- 12:00- free time
- 1:00- lunch
- 1:30- bus leaves
- 2:30- arrival back at school
**Those students not attending will spend the day with Mme Riznek (replacing Mr Vaillancourt). Please bring snack, lunch, gym strip and pencil case.
I will have my phone with me and will check my email periodically if you need to reach out.
Welcome back!! Hope you had a good break! We are back and ready to rock term 2!
I asked the students to add to our “2020 More Of/Less Of” activity, thinking of intentions for the coming term. Here’s what they came up with. Many students added some very constructive ideas.
In preparation for Concours d’Arts Oratoires this term, students presented what they did during the break. We will be practicing our presentation skills all term in preparation for our formal speeches late February. More info to come next week.
Just a reminder that Wednesday we are going ski/snowboarding! We are having a meeting tomorrow with all students to give final reminders and instructions. We leave at 845am SHARP Wednesday morning.