Hope you all had a lovely weekend! I had lots to celebrate over the weekend (Chinese New Year, Valentine’s Day, Family Day), how about you?
Concours began today!!! Kudos to everyone to everyone who presented today! We heard 10 great speeches and I look forward to another chunk tomorrow 🙂
We spent the afternoon talking about WGSS Course Selection! We watched the 2 videos WGSS created to explain how course selection works this year, we chatted about the limited ‘choosing’ students have to make this year, deadlines and Honour/Challenge opportunities. Every student went home with a French Immersion course selection sheet WITH their MyEdBC number already written on it (needed to log into MyEd for course selection). The WGSS Course Selection website contains many helpful links to guide you in the process. You will also find the application information/teacher reference forms for English Honours 8 and Math 9 Challenge. I suggested to the students that they give me their teacher reference form when they hand in their Course Selection forms (on/before Feb 26). You should have/be receiving an email from WGSS with all of this information as well. I do have some English stream course selection forms if you need one of those. The student password for MyEdBC is Student$35 (students will be prompted to change their password as soon as they log in).
Important WGSS Course Selections dates:
- Course selection forms due TO ME by Feb 26
- Course selection input on MyEdBC by Feb 28
- Math 9 Challenge Assessment March 2 at WGSS @3pm (masks required, physical distancing will be in order)(sign up online, teacher reference required)
- English Honours 8 Challenge Assessment March 9 at WGSS @3pm (masks required, physical distancing will be in order)(sign up online, teacher reference required)
- Education Physique et Orchestre demain
- Concours continue