Today was Museum Day! Division 1 did an AMAZING job today showcasing their artifacts and sharing their knowledge with the staff and students of JKE. It was a tiring day, and probably quite repetitive, but the amount of positive feedback I got from visitors makes up for it! Bravo les amis!
I am going to mark the projects now, and everything can be taken home tomorrow. I will give back the evaluations on Friday.
Juicicle sales will happen again on Friday.
Please return Cultus permissions and payments.
There is nothing due for Friday, except that we have band, there is a concert next week! Enjoy a well deserved rest!
We were an energetic bunch today, wow. Thank you so much to everyone who was on task, worked hard, and had a positive attitude today. You have no idea how much I appreciate it.
I think the students are getting a real sense of what next year will be like. We have a lot of work to be completed across subject areas, and the reasoning that “I chose to complete one task over another” doesn’t fly with 8 different teachers in high school. Yes, we have a lot of work to complete, but there is ample class time given to complete a lot of things, and those that choose to chat, be off task and not dedicate their focus and attention to the task at hand will quickly find their plate very full.
I am SUPER excited about our Musee projet on Wednesday. Lots of students described their artifacts that they completed over the weekend. I really think we are in store for quite the exhibit! Parents, if you are free on Wednesday, you are welcome to drop in and take a look!
Here is a great website to help with your bibliography. Remember- you get an automatic zero without one. Give credit where credit is due.
Cultus Lake Waterslide permission forms went home today. Date back is Monday June 17. Asides from Farewell, this is our last big event!
- Orchestre demain
- Math- drawing circles (hope you grabbed the enlarged graphic for question 6)
- SN- Les Méthodes de Separation- verification de connaissance demain (links on WebQuest)
- SH- Musee mercredi
For Wednesday, each student should come prepped with:
- 2 artifacts, labeled
- 1 piece of writing
- 1 paragraph per artifact
- probably at least 1 other paragraph
- a bibliography **automatic zero without one
- also, 1 or 2 sources is a bit weak
Each group needs:
- sign with name of civilization
- map of civilization
*group mark out of 10 for those two components, as well as overall cohesion and presentation of exhibit
There will be NO. time Wednesday to finish things off. We will be setting up our exhibits and welcoming other classes through as soon as possible that morning.
Use the rubric to guide your writing. Projet de Musée RubrqiueAnc Civ Musee projet Not only should you be describing your artifact, you need to relate it back to your pillar and your civilization. YOU are the expert, prove it.
I can’t wait to see your hard work on display!!
The concert today went really well! Our grade 7s sounded great! Kudos to the students who got up to do a solo during the last song! We also got to hear the other schools play, as well as the Gr 7 Honour Band that WGSS runs. They played an AMAZING rendition of Bohemian Rhapsody!
During PE today, Danika and Bela taught us a dance lesson, focusing on warm up and technique that you find in many dance classes. Thanks to all the students who participated with a good, positive attitude. Others need some serious improvement in that area.
- vendredi: Orchestre
- Math- Circumference package (pg 155-158)
- SN- Mixtures seek and find (bonus for coloured)
- SH- Projet de Musee due mercredi! (see yesterday’s post for more details)
Tomorrow is our Band Concert at West Langley. We are departing here around 9:40am, and should be back by lunch. Students are carrying their instruments to and from West Langley, a 3 minute walk from here. PLEASE DO NOT FORGET YOUR INSTRUMENT!!
***Education Physique demain***
- Math- 2 circumference worksheets due demain
- SN- Mixtures- doodle note search and find sheet due vendredi
- SH- Projet de Musee due mercredi prochain
- 2 artifacts built or drawn by you
- at least 2 paragraphs, describing your artifacts, how they relate to your pillar and your civilization, as well as some general knowledge about your pillar. Remember, you are the only person who is researching this pillar, you are the expert and are expected to demonstrate your knowledge
- don’t forget a bibliography- its an automatic zero without one
Hope you all had a great weekend.
Well done to all our Track and Field students today, I heard we had some very good finishes! It was a hot day so hopefully they can rest up and recover for tomorrow. We had a pretty chill day in class 🙂
- Orchestre demain
- Math- Parts of a Circle
- SN- Mixtures worksheets
- mercredi- Band Concert à West Langley Elem
Om nom cupcakes! Thanks to Mme Foulds for supplying us with delicious cupcakes today. Our class raised the most money for Jump Rope for Heart. Yahoo!
Monday is the WGSS Track and Field Meet. We have 7 students from Division 1 competing. Bonne chance les amis!
Next week the grade 7s will be heading to West Langley Elementary for a band concert. Hope you brought your instruments home to practice!
- Math- Parts of a Circle sheet
- SN- Mixtures worksheets (2)
PLAYLAND! So much fun!!! Thanks again to the parents who drove us there and back today.
Hope you all had a lovely Victoria Day weekend! My family and I went to Portland (I had never been) to visit with my inlaws and it was lovely!
Tomorrow is Playland! I outlined the following for tomorrow:
- We leave at 9:00am sharp.
- Bring food or money for food (line ups are always long so be prepared to wait)
- NO FLIP FLOPS OR LOOSE SHOES on rides. Runners are best.
- Dress sensibly, it’s looking like it will be warm, layers are advised.
- A small backpack should be enough. Don’t bring more than you are willing to carry all day.
- At NO POINT during the day tomorrow should you be alone. If I see you alone, you will be my best friend for the rest of the day.
- Students are not required to remain with their car group/parent, however it is advised to check with them periodically.
- At 1:50pm- meet at Hell’s Gate to leave.
- Students are allowed to have their phones however they are to be used appropriately- do not take photos/videos of others without their consent, no posting to social media etc.
What a super fun day! I love this workshop! The students get to try out so many different tools and processes that would be otherwise very difficult here at school. Thanks also to our parent drivers, we would not have been able to attend without you!
I want to thank everyone who contacted me yesterday after reading my email. Yesterday may not have been our best day, but I am renewed and reenergized to make the last weeks of this year as awesome as possible!
- vendredi: Jersey Day
- Math- booklet including chapter review
- lundi- Victoria Day (jour de congé)
- mardi- Math Test- Algebraic expressions and equations, balancing the scale
- mercredi- Playland